EACH STREET-LEVEL PROGRAM TYPE is designed to address various needs. Onsite, we offer staff-structured, youth-driven, multi-media programs, workshops and clubs that combine a balance of formal and informal learning. We also travel across the city to provide in-school arts ed partnerships, electives, and after-school activities. Our electives and in-school partnerships are more formal, contractual engagements, with in-school partnerships tailored to enhance school teachers’ curriculum, whatever subjects they may teach. We also provide professional development for educators and youth both on and off-site. All of our programs are hands-on and project-based.
If you prefer lists, our program types look like this:
- Arts Ed Partnerships: In-school and After-school Electives and Integration which are geared toward meeting concrete curriculum standards.
- Studio Programs: Multi-Media Workshops, Clubs, Activities, and Field Trips which can be scheduled or drop-in (field trips must be scheduled in advance).
- Professional Development: for Educators, Adults and Youth. This includes curriculum building residencies, our flagship Summer Arts Apprenticeship Program, Mild Sauce, and the newly founded Youth Leadership Board.
OUR SYSTEM promotes growth by providing youth 3 basic needs: access, mentorship, and purpose.
- A safe and creative space
- Cutting edge technology
- Dedicated mentorship
- Meaningful purpose
- New ideas
- Art + technology
- Creativity + critical thinking
- Manners + relationships
- Professionalism + scholarship
- Giving back to the community
- Civic duty
- Social justice
A happy result of our system is that youth often refer to our community as “family” and our studio as “home".