- Pick your topic, it can be anything you want it to be. ex. What’s your biggest fear? When was the last time you felt guilty? What’s your favorite food combination?
- Come up with an open-ended question so that your answers can have variety.
- Find a recorder and some headphones and go out on the street, in the hallways of your school, to a movie theater lobby or anywhere with a lot of people. Ask people your question, but be sure to introduce yourself and your project to the interviewee.
- When interviewing, be sure to press the record button and hold the mic close to the person who is speaking.
- If the answer is very interesting, follow up on it! You never know what you may get.
- When you are done interviewing, make sure to stop your recording so it can save in a file.
- Upload that audio to your PC and edit it using your software. (Audacity is a free audio-editing software.)
Check out the Mild Sauce Media Team came up with for their VoxPop.