- If someone's profile pictures seem to from google images then that's prolly a fake account.
- If most or all of that person's friends are not from where their status says they live then its most likely a fake profile. Example: Profiles says they live in Chicago, IL but they don't have any friends in Chicago. RED FLAG.
- Anyone can add pictures but if they are all not tagged maybe they're stolen pictures from real accounts or from Google.
- On twitter if they tons and tons of tweets, like 200,500 tweets then they are probably not real.
- If the photos just seem too pretty, this should raise a red flag. Just remember the perfect person is not real.
- Check out the follower count. If they are following tons of people but have very little followers. Not good.
Many people on social media create or have a false profile on social media. However, some of these accounts are used to harm others while others just may want to protect their identity online. Here's some info from WNYC that talks about fake profile generators and below that is one of the sites that generates various fake account profiles with just a click.
Produced by Brenda, 17